Watching the news, seems like all I do, and Eric Holder, Attorney General, has announced the United States Legal Department will no longer pursue or prosecute any violations on law forbidding same sex marriage. The Law is called the Defence of Marrige Act. This is one subject that I'm a little torn on. I have my own personnelbeliefs about marriage, but my core belief is that I nor any one else has the right to force personnel beliefs on anyone else. Deciding to marry another man is a decision I'll never have to make so what right do I have forcing my beliefs on someone who does face that choice. Besides why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us. Wait till they find out about alimony and lawyers. I do however have a problem with the justice department deciding which laws count and which laws don't. If you don't like the laws go to the polls on voting day and vote for the person that best represents you views. No one and that includes the president has the right to decide they are going to ignore a law just because they don't like it. We have had some very bad laws in our history and if time tells us anything it tells us sooner or later if a law is bad it will be done away with.
Craziness in Wisconsin continues to grow. I've been watching all the different news channels looking for some grownups and so far haven't found any. Seems now the left-wingers are calling up the governor and pretending to be a campaign donor in order to get some dirt on the governor. Playing some of that gotcha politics. Tomorrow we'll probably read about some right-winger has some dirt on the democrats. Just goes to prove my point that if your a left-wing loon or a right-ring nut the news channel will be right there to broadcast your voice. If you happen to be a moderate or independent,someone that believes both sides can set down and work things out like grownups, forget it,you're to boring. Sooner or later we are going to get tired of it (sooner I hope) and form a party that actually listens to the American public and pass legislature that helps the people and not their campaign donors. The nut that called the governor was using the name of a big donor to the governors campaign to get through to him. Does anyone actually believe he would have taken the call from a normal resident of his state. No, not a chance!!! Just goes to show not only does Wisconsin have a lot of cows seems to have a lot of bull to. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the hard working folk that get up every morning and spend the day just trying to make a life for themselves and their families. I'm talking about the loons and nuts, seems they have just as many as the rest of us.
News reports are saying turmoil in Libya is causing oil prices to go up. Is it me or does it seem like every time somebody sneezes over their gas goes up. In 1983 I was on a ship off the coast of Libya, why because there was turmoil in Libya. 28 years later SURPRISE there's turmoil in Libya. I can guarantee 20 years from now there will be turmoil in Libya.There has been turmoil in the Middle East since Abraham slept with a woman that was not his wife (see what happens when you mess around) and there will be turmoil in the Middle East when all of us are long gone. Sooner or later we are going to have to figure out how to supply our energy needs with out buying oil from there. We hear every election year " If you vote for me I will enact policies that will remove our dependence on foreign oil". Maybe one day one of them might actually do it but I don't believe any of us will live to see it. Got to go shopping running low on groceries 9to be honest got plenty of groceries just running low on snacks) see you guys later
No comments:
Post a Comment