Watching the news and see that in Providence, Rhode Island the mayor has sent out pink slips to every public school teacher in the city. Statistics say 7% of students in Providence can pass national math exam. City is also 70 million in debt. Seems to me the adults are having a hard time with math also. They must have went to the same schools. The question I have is where are all the protesters? Where are all the left-wingers marching in the streets hollering and screaming? Where are the teacher unions carrying their signs. Oh yeah, the man who's firing the teachers in Providence is a democrat. The man attacking the teachers union in Wisconsin is a republican, and since the unions give millions of dollars in campaign contributions to the DNC every year, well we know what that means. Another example of, it doesn't matter what you do, it doesn't matter what you say, it only matters which party you belong to.
Watching the news and hear about a man in New York who's not allowed to smoke in his apartment any more. Seems he likes to fire up a cigar every now and then. His neighbors seem to have a problem with the aroma that comes with smoking a cigar. They sued, he lost. He now has to go outside to enjoy his evening smoke. New York has already outlawed smoking in restaurants and nightclubs and now even the privacy of your own home is not safe. I wonder what's next. I wonder what his neighbors would have done if he had a bad case of gas. I would love to see that on Law and Order.
On a different not, I understand how someone can get discouraged when they start something like this. I surfed the web yesterday looking for independent and moderate web sites. Didn't find many and the ones I did were right-wing or left-wing sites disguised as a moderate web site. Found one that was called the independent moderate. The first story was about how republicans are ruining the economy, the next story was about how the republicans are ruining this country, the next story was about how the republicans are ruining, well you can see where I'm going and also found a web site called middle of the road politics. this one spent the whole web site telling me how screwed up the democrats are. Hard to find a web site that is actually in the middle. Folks we need to hold both parties accountable. We need to let the democrats know when they are messing up and we need to let the republicans know when they are messing up. Still working on the web site maybe we can create a web site that truly is independent and about to start a new blog. I hope many of you will read the new one. It's called HOW FAR IS TOMMORROW and will be a day by day account aboout living with clinical depression. Time for lunch see ya'll later.
No comments:
Post a Comment