Good Morning everyone. Sorry, I'm running a little late this morning. Been trying to work on this blogging page and since I'm new to all this it's taking me a little while to figure all this stuff out. Trying to figure out what button to click for this and what button to click for that is the hard part. I know that there are places I can go lo learn this stuff but those places are to much like instructions and ya'll know how we men are about instructions. Give us a hammer and some duct tape and we can put anything together. Might not look good but by-god it will be together. Ok enough of that, lets get on with it.
Found myself wondering why we have term limits for the president but not for congress? Did a little research and discovered that in 1947 President Truman formed a committee, and we all know the way to get absolutely nothing done in DC is to form a committee, anyway this committee was headed by none other that that famous dress wearing crime fighter J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover's committee decided that the office of President should be limited to two terms, couldn't find out why but in 1951 congress voted and now we have the 22nd amendment which limits the president to 2 four terms. I got to thinking maybe we need to change the 22nd amendment. Our politicians seem to want to change all the rest of the constitution why not throw this one in with the rest. on a side bar I also discovered that Harry Reid, Barney Franks and several other of our esteemed politicians have tried. Unsuccessfully I might add. What if our major corporations ran their companies like this. Let's see I own a major company or small company for that matter, I've hired someone to run my company with the understanding that every 4 years were going to sit down and evaluate his or her performance. So 4 years go by and everything is going great. The company's growing, employees are happy and everyone is making money. So I tell this person who was hired to run my company their doing a great job so were going to give them another 4 years. Another 4 years goes by time to evaluate again. Take a look and company's still doing great. People are working, making money company's growing and everybody's happy. The problem is when I bought this company the previous owners have made this rule that says whoever has been hired to run this company has to go after 8 years. Kinda stupid huh. Good thing companies don't run like this isn't it. The great thing is we stop and take a look every 4 years so if the job is not getting done we can fire the person and hire someone else. I mean that's how the rest of the government runs, I used to think term limits were a good thing. But why fire someone if their doing a good job. I could be completely off base here on not . Leave comments and let me know what you thing.
A lot of people believe our government is broke. I don't believe it's broke as much as it needs a little tweaking. Were a little outdated. Our government was set up in the late1700's. Things have changed a little since then. I'm not talking about large wholesale changes just a small tweak here and there. I do know that if we have a democrat as president they will love the idea of changing the term limit law and the republicans will hate it and when we have a republican president they will love it and the democrats will hate it. They need to realize it's not us that needs to listen to them but them that needs to listen to us!!! That will do it for now. Remember to let me know what you think. It's time those of us in the middle had our voices heard. talk at you later
No comments:
Post a Comment