Watching the news on TV seems like whatever channel I turn on all I see and hear is Wisconsin. I'm not surprised that which ever channel I get to see left-wing and right-wing morons pointing the proverbial finger at each other. Turned on MSNBC and thought for a minute I had turned on the WWE. I was half expecting Triple H to show up and body slam somebody. The left wants everybody to think republicans are trying to bust up the unions. Maybe they are but I'm having to think very hard to understand why that's such a bad idea. I keep thinking about Pittsburgh and Detroit. both of these cities used to be big union towns.Where are they now. The republicans want us to believe that Wisconsin is broke and this is the only way to fix it. We all know that's a load of crap. Politics as usual. Both sides trying to convince us the sky is falling and they have the only answer. That's hard to swallow considering all I been hearing is how the other side is responsible for this mess. Same ole they did it BS. I have yet to see or hear anybody offer a solution or say, Regardless of whose fault it is what we need to do is sit down and try to figure out how to fix this together. Another case of the way left and the way right having all the exposure and us poor saps in the middle setting around watching. Since this argument is about government workers right to collective bargaining how about instead of trying to get rid of it all together (what the right wants ) why don't they set down discuss the collective bargaining agreement and redo the parts that are causing the problems (what the left doesn't want ).Seems to me if a couple of moderates from each side got together they could figure out a way to allow the workers right to collective bargaining and redo it in a way that gives the republicans the cuts they want. But of course that would not be good for ratings. The one thing I'm really curious about is why all the state democrats got on a bus and went to Illinois. The last time I checked it's pretty cold in Wisconsin and Illinois this time of the year. If it was me I would have tried to talk or even bribe the bus driver to drive to somewhere like Palm Beach or some nice warm, and sunny beach in Florida.
I'm watching the news and on CNN their reporting a couple has named their baby girl Facebook. OoooooK. I spent a little time in that part of the world and I must admit that her name will be easier to pronounce than anybody I met while I was over there. Sometimes I think parents give no thought to what their kids are going to have to go through as the grow up. Today must be the day to say crazy stuff. I just heard a senator from Wisconsin blame the Bush tax cuts for the problem their having in Wisconsin. What is she thinking. I know -it worked for Obama maybe it will work for me-. Wonder when their going to find a new place to blame all our problems.
I've decided our politicians are experts at two things. Getting elected and getting reelected. I think I finally got it figured out. If I want to run for office all I have to do is convince the public how bad off they are. Then convince them it's the other guys fault. If I can do that then the sky's the limit. If I think about it I never knew how bad off I was until some politician explained it to me. Here I was living day by day enjoying life and wham all of a sudden life is horrible. Why? because some politician told that's why. Still working on getting the web site up and running. I plan to have a forum where us independent, moderate republicans, and moderate democrats have a place to talk and express our views. Time to go watch reruns of NCIS if your have any thoughts please leave note.
No comments:
Post a Comment