Saturday, February 19, 2011

I thought I had it.

Is it me or do you have to be 14 years old to figure this blogging and web-site stuff out. Just got back from Barnes and Nobles. I drove over to find a book or two that might help me out. I bought 2 books , Blogging for Dummies and Web-Site Building for Dummies. After reading the first chapter of Blogging for Dummies I need to find a dummy to explain what any of this stuff means. Maybe if I start watching Smarter Than A Fifth Grader I'll be able to understand this stuff. Does any one know if they maybe a Rosetta Stone for computer language. Be a best seller if they did. Anyway enough of my problems lets get to why I'm writing this blog to begin with, and if you didn't know, which everyone except the 2 people who read the first edition yesterday ( nice to have relatives ). If you have a interest in politics and political satire but your not part of the extreme right or left where do you go to express your beliefs and opinions. Where do you go to read about other views that are not extreme? Where are the moderate republicans or moderate democrats, You know the republican that believes in the 2nd amendment but does,'t have a problem with a 7 day wait or making assault weapons or clips that hold 30 rounds illegal and is not afraid to say so. Where is the democrat that believes social security and medicare needs to be updated. The democrat that knows the retirement age needs to be raised and is not afraid to say so. The problem I think is that all the news channels and all the radio channels and all the web sites are geared to the extreme. If you are a left-wing loon or a right-wing nut there are plenty of places to get your voice heard but if you are like the other 80% of the country there is no place to have your voice heard. That is why I started this blog and am in the process of creating a web-site for us folks in the middle. This is the reason I started this. I heard a tv commentator say they do not report on the middle or independents because we are boring. I hope we can change his mine. i also believe a little satire or comedy is required. Nothing wrong with laughing.Which brings me to something I saw on the news last night. Seems Pepsi has made a long skinny can for their diet Pepsi. Apparently if you drink out of a skinny can you will loose more weight than if you drink out of a fat can. Truth be told if I had to drink diet Pepsi I would probably loose a lot of weight, have you ever tasted that stuff. Horrible. But this gets better, seems there's a group of not skinny people  (  i can be politically correct when I need to ) that are upset. According to them this new can makes non-skinny people look bad and they say that's just not right. Like I said before I can be politically correct when I need to be and right now I don't need to be. I happen to fall in the non-skinny category and this can doesn't bother me at all. I mean if your so damned fat and insecure that a can  I'll say that again a CAN makes you fill bad maybe you should lay off the macaroons a little. i figured the one's complaining are probably the one's you see in the grocery store with 2 twelve packs of diet Pepsi (in the fat cans ) and 4 bags of cookies. A can for crying out loud. That's enough for today guys and gals from the center have a good and safe night

No comments:

Post a Comment