Watching the news and listening to discussion about shutting down the government. Seems republicans, who campaigned on lowering the national debt, want to cut 60 billion in government spending. I feel obligated to point out this is no where near what they promised to cut and none of the proposed cut are in programs the republicans promised to tackle. To say this is a start is to say that planting a acorn is the start to building a tree house. The democrats are hold ing out because they are calling these cuts excessive. These guys,who also promised to cut the budget during the last election, don't seem to want to cut anything. They apparently are sticking to their favorite policy, there's no program that printing more money won't fix. I'm thinking that shutting down the government is not such a bad idea. As long as social security goes out, grandma needs her rent money, if these guys can't vote on ant thing they can't mess anything up. Watching the news and see the democrats in Wisconsin are still missing. If any of us failed to show up to work for a week we would have to look for a new job. Never realized politicans had the option of showing up to work or taking a road trip whenever they felt like it. I always thought they were elected to handle the peoples business. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but did we not have a election this past November. If this is the voice of the people in Wisconsin who are these 15 state senators to thumb their noises. Does this mean that any time the party in power tries to pass a bill the other party does not like they can just take a hike. just thinking but maybe our government doing nothing is not such a bad thing. The less they do the less they can screw up.
Watching the news and wondering is it me or is Kadafi a few ounces short of a full can. I was listen to his speech last night and was reminded of the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest. I have to ask the question though if this nut was in charge for 40 years what does that say about the people of Libya. I mean this guy is as far off his rocker someone can get. Here's hoping we get all our people out of their safely.Well folks cooking spaghetti tonight so have to go get some Italian bread. Have a great day and remember we are the majority not the nuts and loons!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment